Welcome to Christ Church
Our Vision: We are a community of people which is open to all, following Christ, making his presence known in the breaking of the bread and in everything that we speak about, stand for and do.
Our Mission: To be disciples sharing the awareness of God's love in word and action with the community of Brunswick and further afield.
Our Values: We are an Anglican Anglo-Catholic community that brings God’s word and sacraments to the people of Brunswick and surrounds. We are an inclusive and outward looking church that lives and teaches the faith, providing a focal point for worship using traditional and modern liturgies including the Book of Common Prayer (1928) and A Prayer Book for Australia (APBA). We are a congregation that is caring and accepting of all people. Everybody is welcome at Christ Church.
Christ Church will hold the following services over the Easter period:
- Palm Sunday - 13 April, 8am Low Mass, 10am combined service with Brunswick churches. Meet outside the church at 9:45am
- Maundy Thursday and washing of the feet - 17 April 8:00pm
- Good Friday Passion of Christ - 18 April, 10am
- Stations of the Cross - 18 April, 3pm
- Holy Saturday and renewal of vows - 19 April, 7pm
- Low Mass - 20 April, 8am
- High Mass -20 April, 10am, followed by parish barbecue. Cost $5 adults, children free. BYO drinks and a salad or dessert to share. ALL WELCOME
Christ Church runs a family play space which has singing, drawing, reading and games for children from toddler to pre-school age on Tuesdays from 9am – 12pm.
It's a fun morning with singing, drawing, dancing and playing games with Colette. Colette has experience with children and has a working with Children Check.
Come in for a coffee for the parents whilst your child plays in a safe and affirming environment.
Christ Church has an ongoing Renovation Appeal to maintain our heritage buildings. As Christ Church is the oldest church in Brunswick and one of the oldest churches in Melbourne, you can help by contributing to the ongoing preservation of this important Brunswick landmark. Please donate below - in doing so you will be contributing to an important part of Australian architectural heritage.